ARISE and BUILD!
26th September to 2nd October 2021
Encouragement: By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted... Proverbs 11: 11
- ELECTIONS - PEACE: Pray for the Spirit of Peace to cover Nelson Mandela Bay and South Africa at this time; for peaceful campaigning by all the parties; for peacemakers to rise up in the communities and use their influence for good; for the protection of candidates; pray particularly against political killings; groups that incite hatred and violence to be exposed; for kingdom strategy in these elections; godly leaders to be raised up in our area and throughout the country; wisdom for the IEC as they prepare for the elections; for the health of IEC members who have to prepare for the elections; for the SAPS to impartially protect all candidates; and for the media to actively promote peace during the elections.
- Local Government: The NMB Executive Mayor, Cllr. Nqaba Bhanga - his healing - and for him and all the councillors to have godly wisdom, energy and to be protected.
- National matters:
President Ramaphosa: His health, protection and godly guidance! Pray that he will seek out the right advisors in every major decision that he has to make, and that he will have the courage to make the correct decisions! (James 3: 17-18; Prov.12: 26a)
Ex-President Zuma to have a deep encounter with God! (1John 5: 11-13)
- Crime and Corruption: Pray for the successful arrest of all criminals in NMB; please intercede for Schauderville in Gqeberha, as there has been an upsurge of gangster activity and shootings - some fatal - in this area; for families that have lost loved ones due to the violence; for this activity not to spread to other areas; for a 'people movement' as gangsters come to repentance and salvation; for the protection of our SAPS.
Our Farmers: God's protection for all our farmers - body, soul and spirit - and His protection over all their lands, crops and livestock; rains in the right season; excellent crops; good export opportunities; for a decrease in farm crimes: for all those committing robbery, theft and violent crimes on farms in NMB and surrounding areas to be identified, arrested, fairly judged and sentenced; for all the residents of NMB to be able to live in safety and without fear! (Ps.91)
- COVID - The frontline health workers who are weary, that they would be revived and strengthened to be able to continue their work; for Christians to use opportunities to reach out with the message of hope to those in distress or fear; for healing of those struggling after effects of COVID; for those that are healed to give glory to God. (Ps 103:2-3).
- The Church: Revival - Salvation of Souls - Transformation of NMB. Eph.5: 14
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for the city because if it prospers, you will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7
Prayer pointers supplied by NMB: Transformation Christian Network.
More info: www.tcn.org.za