ARISE and BUILD!
For the 'Christmas Season'
3rd December 2017 to 13th January 2018
: For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father; Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.
Isaiah 9: 6
Praise God for:
- The amazing meeting held in the Parliament Buildings on the 24 November 2017. May its effect be far-reaching and may it have influence on the whole of South Africa!
- For the thousands of people in South Africa, who came to a salvation through Christ in 2017! May we see many more people receiving Christ in 2018! (Romans 10: 9-10)
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for (the city) because if it prospers, you will prosper.
- All those sharing the Word of God during these holidays to be mightily anointed by the Spirit of the Lord; revival & blessing in every congregation in the Bay. (Luke 4: 18-19)
- The Christmas and New Year Services and Outreaches to be well attended by the locals and the visitors to NMB. May many be reached by the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through these meetings! (John 14: 6)
- Good relationships in families during these holidays: reconciliation where there has been argument and misunderstanding; forgiveness where there has been hurt, healing where there has been heartache; an end to drunkenness and addiction; abuse and rebellion. (Psalm 133)
- The lonely: Christians to become aware of and reach out in love to those without family or friends; the shut-ins and all those that feel abandoned during this Christmas season. (Psalm 68: 5-6)
- Great blessing on our Youth Camps: many salvations and spiritual growth. (Ps. 119: 9)
- Hope: New vision and new hope for our country and for our Metro; stability in both our National and Local Government; strong righteous leadership in all spheres of government.
May our country be built on Kingdom principles and may its people honour the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ! (Psalm 31: 24)
- Safety & security in NMB: an end to gang warfare & all violence; protection over our communities; discernment, wisdom and direction to enable our police to be highly effective; peace & calm in the Bay and at our Correctional Facilities; protection over our SAPS & Prison Warders; people using our beaches, as well as those travelling on our roads, and to and from the Bay; (Ps.91)
- Restoring Vision and Hope (A new heart for our Nation). Lord give our Nation new vision and fresh hope; take our National heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh: soft and tender towards the Lord our God and towards one another, in the mighty Name, which is above all names, the Name of Jesus! (Ezekiel 36: 26-27).