ARISE and BUILD!
Encouragement: "So I sought for a man among them who would ...stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land..."
18th to 25th August 2019
Ezekiel 22: 30
- We need to continue to fervently intercede for the President of South Africa: the Honourable Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa and his cabinet, at this time:
- Pray for him to have godly wisdom, discernment and understanding.
- For God to guide him as he leads our country.
- For him to have ears that will hear, and a heart that will obey, the voice of God.
- That he will daily seek the face of God, and have a very deep encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- For him to be protected and strengthened - body, soul, and spirit - by the Lord.
- Pray for all our Christian Media in the Bay to be supported both financially and in prayer by the Christian community in the Bay.
- Pray for the South African Church:
- For the unity of the Church in both SA and in NMB.
- For the continued freedom of religion in South Africa.
- For the awakening of, and revival in, the SA Church.
- For Christian outreaches and for many people to come to true salvation at this time.
- Pray for the outcomes of the two recent conferences:
- The Apologetics Conference.
The Activate Conference-19.
- August is Women's Month!
- Pray for God's blessing on the Women of South Africa, and particularly NMB.
- For NMB women to realize their responsibility to be good, faithful, supportive and loving wives who keep their homes well and who conscientiously care for their children.
- Ask God to put a burden of prayer upon the women in the Bay: to pray for their husbands, children, their wider family, their friends, and their colleagues at work.
- Pray that the women in the Bay, will be homemakers, practise hospitality and cause their houses to become 'light houses' in their neighbourhoods - because of their prayers and loving way of life.
- Intercede for the protection of men, women and children from every form of abuse - verbal, emotional, mental, physical and sexual abuse.
- Pray for husbands to love their wives and for wives to respect their husbands.
- The Correctional Services Facilities in NMB and the NMB SAPS:
- Pray for great wisdom and creative ideas for those leading these institutions in NMB - so that they will be ready to deal with every issue that arises in the Bay.
- The safety of the Police, Warders and Offenders - as well as all their families; that the SAPS members and Correctional Service members will be encouraged to keep on, keeping on; and be healed of the tremendous trauma that many of them have suffered over the years
- That God will reveal to them a solution to put an end to all gang activity, drug peddling and violence; and that every form of corruption in the Bay will be uncovered and dealt with justly.
- Praise God for and pray for all who share the Word of God every week with the Police members and also the Warders; those that preach the Gospel to the Offenders and those that run ongoing Bible Study Courses for the Offenders, at St. Alban's. Pray that these ministries will bring forth much fruit; that many of our Police, the Warders and Offenders will come to true salvation; that their minds will be transformed by the Word; that life-attitudes will be changed; and that all violence will come to an end. (Luke 4: 18-19).
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for the city because if it prospers, you will prosper.
Prayer pointers supplied by NMB: Transformation Christian Network.
More info: www.tcn.org.za